The Northwest Florida Water Management District utilizes hydraulic modeling to perform analyses to support the development of MFLs. This HEC-RAS model was developed for the District for St Marks River and Wakulla Springs MFL analysis. The primary goals of the model application were to:
• Characterize stage and flow relationships
• Characterize inundation of the river channel and floodplain.
• Relate floodplain soils and community data at remote transects to a long-term record.
• Identify critical cross-sections for fish and boat passage analyses.
• Generate depth and velocity information for in-stream habitat analyses.