Design in the marine environment is extremely specialized due to the dynamic environment of our oceans, waterways, and harbors. ATM’s marina design process produces cost-effective development programs that optimize a client’s opportunities for success. From design/performance specifications for floating docks, structural design of fixed piers and shoreline stabilization, to customized marina utility integration, ATM has a long record of accomplishment with marina design projects and maintains strong, ongoing relationships with marina/dock suppliers and industry-leading contractors that help us develop unique marina design and engineering solutions.
Our experience in environmental sciences and marina planning provides valuable insight for a comprehensive marina design and sets us apart from other firms that only specialize in a single service area (engineering, permitting, operations, ports, etc.).
ATM’s marina design expertise includes the following:
- Fixed piers and docks
- Floating docks
- Shoreline stabilization: seawalls, bulkheads, revetments, living shorelines
- Boat ramps and access structures
- Kayak and canoe launches and docks
- Mooring fields
- Dredging and land reclamation
- Breakwaters and wave attenuators: rubble mound breakwaters, wave screens and walls, floating wave attenuators
- Dry stack storage facilities